Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cindi Bottelberghe defeats Lorene Arbuckle



Saturday April, 26th at 3 River Throwdown at the La Crescent Community Arena in La Crescent, Minnesota.

Cindi Bottelberghe(1-0-0) defeated Lorene Arbuckle (0-2-0) by TKO at 1:09 of the first round in their 125-pound amateur MMA match.

Cindi is a 27 year old 5'5 fighter from Onalaska, Wisconsin and now living and fighting out of La Crosse, Wisconsin, where she is trained by Ian Maland at Iron Works Training Center and Driss Anam of Driss Anam's Academy in La Crescent, Minnesota
 
I asked Cindi how and when she got started in MMA and this was her answer, " I played soccer growing up and also have two brothers that are very close in age to me, so having them beat on me was a good start for MMA. I played goalie in soccer and also leaned how to take a beating from that. I started training in San Diego in 2010 at the Arena with Cris Cyborg as my Chute Boxe coach. I moved back to the Midwest to Dubuque, Iowa in 2012, began training with Pat Hayes at The Gym. I began learning Jui Jitsu in Dubuque as well. I then moved to La Crosse Wisconsin and began MMA and Jui Jitsu training at Iron Works Training Center.

2 comments: