Thursday, May 1, 2014

Calie Cutler defeats Janice Meyer




On Saturday April, 26th at Gladius Fights: XI "Syracuse vs. Nashville" in Cortland, New York at The J.M. McDonald Sports Complex.

Calie Cutler (10-1-0) defeated Janice Meyer (2-2-0) by submission (armbar) at 1:18 of the 2nd round in their 140-pound amateur MMA match.

Calie is a 5'6 fighter from Gregory, Michigan, who now lives and trains in Brighton, Michigan at Scorpion Fighting System under James Grey, Tim Farr and Steve Wedkemper.

 I asked Calie how long has she been training and how she got started in MMA and this was her answer, ""I have been training for two and a half years. What got me into MMA is I wrestled for nine years three years of those years at Jamestown College in North Dakota. I got into MMA because I reallllly missed competing and I knew that MMA would be a great substitute for wrestling. What got me into wrestling is a more interesting story. In seventh grade I didnt make the cheer team, they said I wasn't athletic enough so I joined wrestling instead."

Calie usually fights at 125-pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment