Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lisa Ward: Aisling Daly is a bully and she's in for a reality check

Lisa Ward never quite seemed to fit in among her childhood peers growing up. As far back as the 115 lb fighter widely considered to be among the best female mixed martial artists in the sport can remember, she always seemed to have a problem blending in.



"It was really rough because I was a little bit chunky all through elementary and junior high so I would get called "fatso"," recalled Ward. "I remember girls poking my belly and saying, 'Pillsbury Dough-Girl', and then hit me in the head. I joined the soccer team when I was little and like my first day there this girl comes up to me and says, 'Pillsbury Dough-Girl', and then takes the bottom of her hand and hits me in the head as hard as she could.

To read the entire interview by Bellator.com click here

No comments:

Post a Comment