Saturday, September 18, 2010

Deney Hayward: Interview


Deney Hayward from Shuriken on the North Shore will take on Kate Aroa for the ICNZ woman’s title on September 25th in her first Pro MMA fight debut. Deney is coming off a win over Tash Chambers on ICNZ and Kate off a win over Angela Parr in Australia during the Elite Fight Night
Girls of MMA interviewed Deney about her daily Grind and the upcoming fight.

GIRLS OF MMA- Hi Deney, How are you feeling today?

Hi there, I’m great thank you. Finished training for the morning and just relaxing at the moment.
GIRLS OF MMA – Tell us a little bit about yourself. How old are you? Where are you from originally? And how long have you been training in MMA?

Well, Im 25 years old and originally from a town in the Bay of Plenty called Rotorua. Where I grew up in my track pants and gum boots, running around in the forest playing battle stations with my younger brother. I moved to Dunedin when I was 18 to go to University, which were the four wildest years of my life! After that I moved up to Auckland to continue my studies and have been here ever since. I have currently been training in MMA for just under 1 year.


To read the entire article click here

No comments:

Post a Comment