Thursday, September 2, 2010

Germaine de Randamie vs. Nicole Johnson

With 10 titles to her name, Germaine de Randamie starting over
If an early childhood choice had gone another direction, Germaine de Randamie might've become a danger.

Instead, she turned to something no less focused on movement but a touch more violent.

"When I was 8, my mother said I could choose between dancing and kickboxing," de Randamie told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I went to the first kickboxing class, and I never even made it to dancing. I told her I had found what I wanted to do."

Forty-five professional kickboxing fights later, de Randamie is looking for another new opportunity. The 36-year-old Dutch native has turned her attention away from the sport that saw her go 45-0 during a career that made her one of the most significant female kickboxers in the world and to a new challenge.

Next week, de Randamie will make just her second mixed-martial-arts appearance (and first since December 2008), when she faces Nicole Johnson at 135 pounds in the Playboy Fighting Championships promotion bout at the Playboy Mansion.

To read the entire article by MMAJunkie click here

No comments:

Post a Comment