Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kyleen Davis defeats Charmaine Shimanek

On Wednesday January, 16 2013 at Alaska Fighting Championship 96 at Sullivan Arena in Anchorage, Alaska.

Kyleen Davis (1-1-0) defeated Charmaine Shimanek ( 0-1-0) by submission (rear-naked choke) in the first round of their 120-pound professional MMA match.

Kyleen is a 5'4 twenty-two year old fighter from Anchorage, Alaska. She trains at Greatland Martial Arts where she is coached by Matt Stout and Trevor Martin.

 I asked Kyleen how long she had been training and what got her started in MMA and this was her answer, "I have been training in MMA for about three years but did Tae Kwon do from age seven and did kickboxing for a few years so I've been doing martial arts for about fifteen years. Fighting and training has been such a big part of my life for so long I couldn't imagine not fighting and not fighting in MMA."

No comments:

Post a Comment